Commercial Studies - Course Structure
To provide business students with the following:
- information about the ways in which different businesses are financed, including practical bookkeeping and accounting skills
- a clear understanding of the legal ways in which different businesses are formed and the manner in which they are structured and organised
- an understanding of the importance of people in organisations, including the need for motivation, control and communication
- an introduction to the principles of economic theory in relation to business activity and an understanding of the environment in which all businesses operate
- knowledge about the different business departments and their activities and functions.