Journalism & Media Studies - Course Structure
To provide prospective students of the Journalism and Media Industries with a body of relevant and current knowledge which will:
- increase and broaden their employment opportunities within the industries
- provide them with an extensive theoretical and practical knowledge base on which to build their careers and enable them to progress to higher levels of the media and journalism industries
- increase and broaden their understanding of contemporary multi platform journalism skills, and their awareness of the emerging digital media landscape and the new opportunities which are becoming available
The ICM Diploma in Journalism and the ICM Diploma in Journalism & Media Studies is also suitable for working journalists, who wish to broaden their skills and knowledge base, and who require appropriate qualifications for career advancement or promotion purposes.
The Advanced Diploma builds on the professional and practical knowledge gained through the individual units within the Diploma in Journalism & Media Studies and Diploma in Journalism.
The Advanced Diploma provides a detailed understanding of key areas in modern journalism and media studies. It is designed for those moving into:
- senior production
- executive or management roles
- specialist sectors of the journalism
- media studies professions