Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy
As an ICM Learner, the Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy is determined by your needs as a Learner, the qualification you aim to achieve as well as the resources available at your ICM Approved Centre. ICM does not design any courses that are non-Guided Learning Hours. As an ICM registered Learner, your ICM Approved Centre may use the following methods to deliver in line with the Qualification Specification:
• Self-directed study
• Employment or voluntary related activities
At ICM we provide qualifications at Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate and Post Graduate levels. More than 200 individual subjects are examined by ICM on a quarterly basis, covering key industry areas such as Accounting & Finance, Business Management, Commercial Management, Computing, Health & Safety, Hospitality, Human Resource Development, International Trade, Journalism, Law, Maritime Management, Marketing, Project Management, Retail Management, Sales Management, Sports Management and Tourism.
Examinations and Results
Subject Exemptions and Conversions
The Exemptions Committee would require the following documentation before processing an application from you:
- An ICM Exemption Form - available from your ICM Approved Centre
- The Exemption Form is located on the reverse of the Examination Entry Form for the relevant course
- Certified copies of certificates
- A copy of syllabi for the Award you hold
- Full name and postal address
- Name & address of the ICM Approved Centre at which you are studying
Upon receipt of your exemption application, your request will be assessed. As soon as the Exemptions Committee has made a decision, you will be advised in writing. You should always enclose a covering letter with your documentation and ensure that you have provided us with your current postal address.
1. Case Studies, Assignments and Projects, including ALL subjects in any Post Graduate programme, do not qualify for Single Subject Awards.
2. A student who undertakes, on a Single Subject basis, subjects within a Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Diploma or Post Graduate ICM programme will not be entitled to a professional qualification unless they are exempted from or have completed all lower Levels of that qualification.
3. In order to comply with UKBA requirements, overseas students studying in the UK (excluding those from EU countries) are not permitted to undertake Single Subjects and must undertake a professional qualification.
To apply for the conversion of Single Subject passes into a Professional Qualification, Learners must have successfully completed all of the subjects within the professional qualification. A conversion form must be completed and returned to ICM, together with the relevant fee. Learners will be able to obtain the necessary form from their ICM Approved Centres.
Learners with Learning Difficulties
If you are able to evidence a specific learning difficulty, you may be granted special arrangements for your examimation/s. The amount of additional time and any other arrangements will be determined on the basis of the report relating to your circumstances (see ICM Reasonable Adjustments and Special Considerations Policy)
Conversion of Single Subject Qualifications into a Professional Qualifcation
Under the regulations governing ICM Single Subject Qualifications, it is possible for any learner who holds the appropriate number of Single Subject Qualifications to apply for these to be converted into a Professional Qualification. Those wishing to take advantage of this regulation must hold a Single Subject Qualification for each subject on the syllabus of the relevant Professional Qualification.
Any learner who undertakes, on a Single Subject basis, subjects within a Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Graduate Diploma will not be entitled to a Professional Qualification unless they are exempted from or have completed all lower levels of that Award
To apply for the conversion of Single Subject passes into a Professional Qualification, learners must complete the appropriate form and return this to ICM, together with the relevant fee. Learners will be able to obtain the necessary forms from their Centres.