ICM is launching two new qualifications to enhance the existing courses in Health and Safety. Growing awareness of the importance of health and safety in the workplace and the increasing legislation and regulations around this area has made this an important and vital sector for education and training. These programmes consist of the following:-
This level 4 qualification consists of four units:
- Essentials of Health & Safety Management
- Working Practices, Hazards and Controls
- Working Environment and Occupational Health
- Accident and Emergency Procedures
This level 5 qualification consists of four units:
- Framework for Successful Health and Safety Management
- Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture
- Principals of Control
- Effective Leadership of Health and Safety
These new Health and Safety programmes are vocational qualifications that will serve as an excellent route for those who ultimately seek full professional status. These qualifications will provide first class underpinning knowledge for progress to degrees in Health and Safety and related business areas.
The first examinations for these new qualifications will take place in June 2011.