Certificate | Diploma
The Certificate in Journalism – Part 1
- Introduction to Journalism
- Media & Society
- Media Ethics & Regulations
- English for Journalists & Writers
(The ICM Certificate in Journalism is awarded on completion of all Part 1 subjects)
The Diploma in Journalism – Part 2
(The ICM Diploma in Journalism is awarded on completion of all Part 1 and 2 subjects)
Students must successfully complete all eight subjects included in the Diploma in Journalism before entering for an examination on the Advanced Diploma in Journalism & Media Studies. For more information please click here.
To provide prospective students of the Journalism and Media Industries with a body of relevant and current knowledge which will:
- increase and broaden their employment opportunities within the industries
- provide them with an extensive theoretical and practical knowledge base on which to build their careers and enable them to progress to higher levels of the Journalism and Media Industries
- increase and broaden their understanding of contemporary multi-platform journalism skills, and their awareness of the emerging digital media landscape and the new opportunities which are becoming available.
The ICM Diploma in Journalism is also suitable for working journalists, who wish to broaden their skills and knowledge base, and who require appropriate qualifications for career advancement or promotion purposes.