Journalism & Media Studies
Journalism & Media Studies – Diploma
Students must successfully complete all five subjects included in the Diploma in Journalism & Media Studies before entering for an examination on the Advanced Diploma in Journalism & Media Studies. For more information please click here.
To provide students with:
- an understanding of the role of the different media in modern society
- a thorough grounding in the role of the journalist
- knowledge of specific media roles and skills
- the skills to research, write and present effective copy
- skills in presenting publications for the market place
- an awareness of the legal environment in which the media operate.