The Institute of Commercial Management is a UK Awarding Organisation operating globally in the following areas:
Business & Management, Hospitality, Journalism, Human Resource Management, Health & Safety, Marketing, Computing, Maritime and Tourism. Examinations are sat four times per year.
We are recruiting the following positions in the UK across our entire provision:
This is to mark a set allocation of examination scripts per unit
This is to write the examination question papers sat by candidates and mark schemes
Validity, Reliability and Precision (VRP) Examiner Checker
This is to monitor the marking of a unit where there is a single person examiner. Subject knowledge is not essential and we encourage applications from experienced examiners who can check examiner marking using a set mark scheme.
First Draft Checker
This is to provide feedback to setters on first draft question papers and mark schemes
Qualifications Development Officer
Summary of the role:
- Supporting the development of the ICM portfolio of products, using appropriate software packages to produce high quality, accurate materials for learners and centres to use.
- Ensuring that materials are developed in line with corporate guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring that products are set up and available by agreed deadlines to allow downloadable publications for customers at launch.
- Inputting product information to the appropriate recognised bodies (such as Ofqual, CCEA, DfE, UCAS, ESFA), portals and systems to ensure timely and accurate submission is recorded and qualifications are accredited in line with published requirements.
- Supporting Qualification Development Managers with the lifecycle management activities of new and existing products to ensure products remain “fit for purpose”.
- Supporting the investigation of Adverse Effects, Maladministration and/or Malpractice notifications and identify appropriate corrective or preventative actions.
- Attending internal and external meetings, conferences and seminars as required.
Chair of Trustee Board and Trustee
We are seeking a Chair of the Board of Trustees and a Trustee. Both posts are voluntary with reimbursement of expenses. Strategic vision, a passion for education and enthusiasm for supporting our charity are key strengths needed for both of these roles.
Click here to find Trustee Board terms of Reference download
The appointments will be for 1 year starting from April 2018 and if you would like to be considered for either of these roles, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 23rd March 2018.
ICM Country Coordinator for The Gambia
We are recruiting a Country Coordinator to represent us in The Gambia. Our Country Coordinators primarily help ICM to deliver quality examination services relating to their geographical region. The main responsibility of a Coordinator is to assist groups of ICM members and Learners to achieve their qualifications and do so in a robust and quality assured process. All Coordinators will be required to communicate regularly with ICM UK staff and provide feedback on their activities on a regular and systematic basis. An ICM Country Coordinator is a member of a worldwide team, working alongside Centre staff and ICM UK to provide support and guidance. All Country Coordinators report to the ICM Chief Executive Officer.
The appointment is a part time one and applications should be sent to email@example.com and include a CV and covering letter. Closing date for applications is 23rd March 2018.
How to apply
Applications can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a full CV, cover letter and which position(s) you wish to be considered for.
Currently we can only recruit from the UK as our examinations are paper-based and our turnaround is time-restricted. As a result of this, all of our Examiners have to be UK based.