People in Retail: Staff & Staffing Issues - Main Topics of Study
- The nature of a “people” business: Objectives, tasks and responsibilities
- Assessing staffing needs: Who do we need and how many?
- Recruitment: How to get the right person
- Staff training systems: How to get the right person to do the right job in the correct manner
- Motivations and Incentives: How to get the right person to come back the next day
- Benefits to the Individual, Management and Organisation
- Effective and efficient staff management: morale, performance and improving the bottom line
Principles of Retailing - Fernie, F et al (2003) - Butterworth-Heinemann.
Alternative Texts and Further Reading:
Personnel Practice, Institute of Personnel and Development - Martin, M and Jackson, T, (1998)
Non-store retailing London: FT Retail and Consumer publications - Ody, P (1998)