Financial Aspects of Retail - Main Topics of Study
- The essential role of finance in the business
- Issues and concepts of financial analysis and control
- Financial statements: understanding the balance sheet and the profit and loss account
- Basic stock turn and stock control issues. Analysing stock turn financially for greater profit
- Expenditure, fixed and variable costs
- Gross and net profit, markup and margin
- Pricing policy
Retailing: An Introduction. Cox, R and Brittain, P (2005) - FT/Prentice Hall.
Alternative texts and Further Reading:
Retail Buying Techniques: Planning, organising and evaluating retail buying decisions. - Elliot, F and Rider, J (2003) - Cirencester Management Books.
Retail Buying Techniques: How to source and plan a winning product range. - Elliot, F and Rider, J (1999) - Cirencester Management books.
Specialty Shop Retailing: How to run your own store. - Shroeder, C.L. (1997) - New York/John Wiley.
Mintel Financial Reports/Retail Business pages of the Quality press.